Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Upcoming...My baby is turning one

Planning a baby’s first birthday…now-a-days…is like planning a mini wedding reception.  I know it’s all in what you make it but unfortunately, I’m Callie and want it to be grand.  I’ve spent countless hours planning, preparing, spent too much money, all for my little Mr. Man to not remember. I am well aware of this but the pictures will last forever (at least that’s what I’m telling myself).  A few weeks ago I had one of my photographers take some family photos as well as a cake smash section.  My picky, picky with food textures, child had to have a run through.  My fear was that “day of party”, he would touch his cake (when many onlookers awaiting a funny smash session and sugar high) cringe and cry over the odd texture of his birthday cake.  *he does this all the time when introduced to a new food haha.  The photo shoot went great and at least I will have photos if the real birthday cake smash is a bust!  My sweet mom has made a one of kind table cloth, I’ve painted picture frames, had special photos printed, made pennants, bought birthday outfits (yes that’s plural because I had to have a new one too:)), made cakes, ordered cupcakes and flowers, created centerpieces, etc.  And my “still” to-do list is just as long…I actually have four checklists going as we speak.  

I’m only doing this because I’m insane and Crew deserves the very best I can give him:) All this fuss over his first birthday…and the tears start to fall.  I Can. Not. Get. Over. that my baby is going to be one.  It’s definitely wonderful experiencing all the stages/milestones with newborns, then infants and then toddlers but I’m just not ready for him to not be a baby anymore.  He’s my first and for that reason will always hold a special place in my heart.  He is absolutely perfect.  My husband and I are reminded daily of how lucky we are to have Crew.  So happy early birthday to my sweet baby boy.   Here are a few sneak peeks (lovely Pinterest design ideas) for his first birthday party!




No comments:

Post a Comment