Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Year, New Look


Every year around this time I find myself weighing in on this year’s new year resolution.  I had decided, much like last years, that mine would involve a new look.  I vowed last year to wear make-up on a daily basis (and not just concealer to cover an annoying blemish) but eye make-up and lipstick.  I’m almost 29, and I believe it time the “no make-up” look is put away and saved for rainy days. I believe the no make-up days began in college when getting ready consisted of showering and throwing your hair on top of your head wet.  I guess my habit carried on too many years.  Unfortunately my vow lasted only a few days lasted year so this January 1st I re-vowed to wear make-up every day. 

It’s now January 26th and I’ve failed again…wearing make-up only a few days to work or special appointments.  It’s not that I think I need to wear it to impress anyone or that I look horrible when not wearing it but when I do, I feel more put together…put together to take on my day.  Also wearing it consistently will help deter the silly comments I do get when I wear it.  Just last week, some older lady I have known for a few years now asked if I had lost weight; that my eyes looked big and bright.  Obviously I have not lost weight, I’m 28 weeks pregnant haha, I had just applied eye liner and mascara that day. 

Although I haven’t kept good on my resolution, I will try harder to put my face together in the mornings, I’m going to be realistic and say it won’t happen every day.  I’ve decided to tailor my resolution to a new outlook instead of a new look.  Hoping it will be easier to abide by,and considering it’s a mind frame, I’m going to focus my life to living in every moment (I know its cliché..but bear with me).  I’m the queen of planning and looking forward to things.  I plan events months out and on purpose so I may have things to daydream about…all in the future.  I find myself wishing for days to come sooner; wishing for certain times to get here, pushing for life’s milestones to hit, instead of enjoying what’s happening right now.  I need to breath, stop rushing, and take in every second.  I am extremely blessed and although I thank the lord every day, I’m still missing the little things while longing for the next.  I officially vow to calm down (somewhat), laugh through the rough stages and soak in each second of the life I love so much. 

1 comment:

  1. That was cute mommy! You talking about looking into the future made me laugh. It was very true and we do need to enjoy every day

    ReplyDelete