Friday, February 22, 2013

Drive dancing counts as prenatal exercise

For the entertainment value of my son and also for my enjoyment, I have to admit I still jam out to my favorite songs while driving down the road. It brings back so many memories of college, friends, and moments in my life (funny how songs/certain music can do that). I almost can always think back to where I was when the song was popular and experiences I shared during that time period. I will also admit that it’s still one of my favorite things to do.  But yesterday, something happened. While Crew and I were jamming out to a Justin Bieber song (yes…I like him…the word love might apply), I realized I was out of breath. 1. Pathetic 2. That’s pregnancy for ya and 3. Really…who gets out of breath dancing/singing while only using arm and torso movements?!?! Instead of feeling bad about myself, I’ve decided that drive dancing is a form of exercise…for me, prenatal exercise. And since I haven’t walked/ran, done ANYTHING related to aerobic activity during this pregnancy; I began to smile. I’m getting a work out…it’s fun, my child laughs at me and the little one is my belly will appreciate the musical ride! Yesterdays play list is as follows:

Mariah Carey’s You’ll Always Be My Baby

Little Big Town’s Tornado

The Band Perry’s Better Dig Two

Blues Traveler’s Run Around

Cee Lo Green’s Forget You (yes, it’s the edited one)

Reba McEntire’s Why Haven’t I Heard From You

Justin Bieber’s Baby

1 comment:

  1. I’ve decided that drive dancing is Ab Rocket Exercises a form of exercise…for me, prenatal exercise. And since I haven’t walked/ran,

    ReplyDelete