Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What a year!

A total whirlwind…what the last 8 months have been.  Busy doesn’t even describe busy.  We’ve had really high highs and really low lows.  Days where I have sat on the floor and cried with both babies, and days that I’ve smiled, so big tears have rushed down my face.  I am so truly blessed and there is not a day that’s gone by that I forget to thank to the good lord for what he has given me. 

 

The last months have passed too quickly; this year in itself too.  This was my first full year part time at the hospital…but unlike my thoughts of slowing down, the opposite happened.  We have welcomed our sweet baby girl into this world, celebrated  2 family marriages and a four year wedding anniversary, completed our first round of potty training, constructed an over the top (said I was NOT going to do so, totally worth it) BIG #2 birthday for Crew man and experienced the sweet success of “crafting” bows. 

 

Baby updates come as quickly as the sun rises…Crew is coming into his own, talking till he’s blue in the face, jumping off of everything and claiming property of every item in his sight.  Wondering how many times a week I say  “do we need to read the Minosaur book again, Crew you need to share with your sissy” actually comes out of my mouth.  And sissy, well she is just a pure joy.  She’s is the happiest, most content baby.  Her new-found mobility, along with the wild child, has turned our house into a landing zone for EVERY thing you would hate to accidently step on.  Essie has also popped her first tooth and learned to clap.

 

And as much as I love to write, I just haven’t found the time.  This year has been a “best year of my life” and I have had several “best days of my life” to think back upon.  There are moments that I will never forget…watching my very best friend look into the eyes of her true love on her wedding day, spending the much anticipated night with Jarret at the hospital before having Essie (there’s not a better man in this world…minus my daddy), pulling my baby girl up on my chest for the first time, hearing my Crew say “I love you” and sharing EVERY special moment with my sweet Momma.….this life is so wonderful.  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. 

 

Cheers to the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment