Monday, October 1, 2012

hello today!

A handful of years ago, I began keeping a timeline/diary of my more memorable experiences hoping one day I would find the time to collect and share.  Going back to my freshman year at Western to my now, my ever changing life as a momma, I have and will have many events, stories and observations to contribute....here goes!!

Today's moment...Finding craft supplies in Franklin, NC (well anywhere west of Asheville) is like herding cats, it's impossible.  If I only had a Michael's/Hobby Lobby, my favorite time of the year's decorating projects would be complete by now.  Nothing is close by, the only stores in town - Walmart, Kmart - do not carry what I need, I have been forced to use my modern easy botton of "Amazon".  So, once shipped and arrived...fall can begin, Halloween music will be heard and my mums will bloom of purple and gold:)

It's hard for me to imagine that I ended up in Franklin, NC.  The many, many flaws of a small town...far way for anything...I do find myself enjoying the rural mountains.  I love that I never get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, I know every one of my neighbors and their pets by name, Western - my first home away from home - is just 25 min. away, I feel safe, the list goes on.  Saying this...I miss my mom, I long to hop in the car and drive to 15 min. to Target and to NEVER EVER drive a 20+ mile winding, curvy road out of town again.  Loving your life comes in parts, sections and soon to be's....I love my life...what it is, what it will be.


1 comment: