Friday, October 26, 2012

Pregnant with a clothing obsession

When I was pregnant with Crew I was in a constant state of frustration when it came to maternity shopping!  It took me several months and of course by the time he arrived, I had a handle on “the goods” and where to find the best items.  Since then, I have been asked numerous times where I shopped, even made lists for friends, so today I decided to share with everyone!

Isabella Oliver (online and magazine)  pricey but wonderful for one piece wonders…i.e. the perfect dress, jacket, etc.  Their catalog has great outfits ideas as well. 

one of my favorite looks!

ASOS Maternity (online) a UK department store with great prices and fast shipping.  I actually discovered ASOS a few years back when looking for a oversized clutch.  The style hadn’t hit the states yet and ASOS had tons.  For maternity, its great…has various styles, many options and its high fashion.  Work and play!  Advice…order a size or two bigger!
Eeek!!  ...a maternity puffer!


High fashion, high waisted for the belly!

Pea in the Pod (website and can be found at Nordstrom’s, Destination Maternity and some Motherhood Maternity stores) Love this brand!  Carries tons of basics, nicely made and washes well.

Gap Maternity (online and in select stores) My maternity “work” clothes haven!  Was able to stock up on nice work pants, etc.  Not my favorite for tops though.  Usually has good sales.

love that you can still wear colored cords while sporting the belly!

JCrew  You might be in disbelief but I found TONS of things to wear from Jcrew when I was pregnant.  In fact, I got two cocktail dresses from there.  Many of their tops are long (long enough to fit over the belly) and come in figure flattering patterns.  Also, many of their dresses are empire waisted which was perfect for the belly!!

Best advice…dress to fit!  I found the tighter, more fitting, clothing items always looked the best.  Even though you feel HUGE while pregnant, dressing “oversized” just makes you look…well oversized.  Accessorize with the latest season trends…scarfs, handbags, jewelry, etc.  Embrace this time in your life…dress up, take photos, go all out. There are some women who never get to experience it…so enjoy it!  I remember seeing cutest pregnant lady last fall…Hair curled, make up on, tight black legging and high heels!!!  I honestly believe there’s nothing more beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment