Thursday, October 18, 2012

Typie, Google Fingers

As my dependence on Google grows daily, I’m left thinking “What will I tell my children when they ask a question I am unable to answer?” Will I tell them to Google it??…because if I’m being honest, that’s exactly what I do when I don’t know something. I’ve been perusing this idea this for a while now. Or, will I tell them “Mommy is thinking really hard” and then sneak off and Goggle it myself??

I am not embarrassed to say that I Google everything. Hell, I have every bit of knowledge at my finger tips. I don’t feel stupid; I am much smarter because of it. If I am stumped at work with a Photoshop/Indesign problem, I google it and I find the answer. If I can’t remember the words to a children’s song I am trying to teach my son Crew, I google and find the answer. When my best friend’s car broke down, I googled what was going on, we figured out the problem and was able to fix it! Anything I want to know can be found.

I’ve actually become addicted to googling… especially since I’ve had a child and the million things I had no clue about! It’s amazing what you can find. Just last week, my husband Jarret and I, were watching 19 Kids and Counting. Every time I watch the show I wonder if Michelle, the mom, breastfeeds her children since there’s no topic discussion on it ever. I’m thinking…there’s no way she could…no way she could and have children that close together. Well, I googled it. She does, and has with every child for at least a couple of months. Funny, it was eating at me that much, but how neat that I was able to just type in a few pertaining words in Google and find my answer! I’m sure I’m preaching to a choir that does this…but when you really think about it…its pretty freaking cool.

My dependence on all the Google products is growing…my life would be totally turned upside down without gmail, google maps, google analytics, blogger; I could go on and on. 

I figured I would share my latest obsession:)

4 comments:

  1. LOL...this is hilarious and I am totally with you! Funny side note. My boss told me that one of his favorite things that I said in my interview was when he asked me what I would do if I didn't know the answer to something and how I would I find it...I started laughing and said "I'd Google it" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....just another reason why I love you:) I can see you now in your interview...saying that!

      Delete
  2. This post made me thing of myself! I Google everything too! It's especially easy since most people have access to the internet on our phones now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree!!! Thank goodness I don't get charged per search when using my phone...I would be broke!!

    ReplyDelete